Thursday, May 10, 2012

mini pies and superheroes

Not too many stories from this Wednesday. Still waiting on some for their bios, which was technically our first assignment (. . .)

Anthony came bearing ingredients to make mini key-lime pies, ate the chicken noodle soup I had made from scratch for him and his ailing tummy, and he whipped the desserts up quickly and stuck ’em in the basement fridge to set. Shannon showed up and we talked about the benefits of gluten-free and pondered whether it really does affect people’s weight. (I suppose we’ll find out, as I’m supposed to look through a book one losing wheat to lose weight.)

After considering every quick restaurant in the vicinity of Sweet Tomatoes (Pinched, Jimmy John’s), we settled on Potbelly, where Charlie’s enthusiastic and loquacious coworker/underling at their location in Elmhurst chatted us up about the Green Street Potbelly at U of I.

I ordered the vegetarian for the first time ever, and Anthony the Italian (surprise!). We ended up swapping halves. :P

I avoided the amazing looking cookie at the register, only to see it stare me in the face at the table — alas, Shannon had purchased one. The three of us exchanged work woes, and soon thereafter, Charlie showed up.

And then it was time for . . .

And I was very, very happy with both the “Legolas” line and the Incredible Hulk. My favorite. :D And not just because I love Mark Ruffalo.

It was then time to reconvene at home to enjoy delicious mini key-lime pies! Nom.



No comments:

Post a Comment